Thursday, March 27, 2008

So here's a bit of background about me bus, I bought it cos it's number plate said "Hemp" that's the honest truth!! H for hungary ...EMP382.... Ben (fellow OCD'er) spotted it in a layby in Ely, knew I was looking for one and suggested I come down. Hopped in the van with a wodge of cash this is what I found...




As you can see she was in pretty good shape all things considered but a little "frayed" around the edges! I bought it off Gabod (Hungarian fellow that had driven from Budapest) for £1600, Ben and I towed it back to Lynn with a rigid towbar (not the best option with sh1te brakes!!). Under Ben's guidance (he'd not long finished his own restoration) we set about stripping it out for a refurb and after a little "fettling" this is what I ended up with :)





Big shouts go out to "The Monkey Dubber", Ben and all the crew who helped cos I couldn't have done it at all without them!!!





3 comments: