Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sent this to Engle performance cams for a horses mouth response....

I sent this direct
to Engle cams for a technical response......
 
Hi guys wondering if
you can help with a technical query regarding the Engle 110 cam. I have recently
had a VW twin port(for a type 2 VW 1974) short block built by an engine shop in
the UK (The Engine Shop, TES). They fitted an Engle 110 cam, 1641 barrels and
009 distributor. Otherwise the engine itself is stock AS41 case, stock VW heads
and crankshaft etc. I got the engine back and have fitted it with twin Weber ICT
34's and am running a 4into1 exhaust. The problem I have is that at idle the
engine wobbles at lot, stalls and generally doesn't seem to want to run. Trying
to diagnose the problem (I have checked usual things compression, valve and
tappet clearance, point gap, air leaks, distributor, leads, plugs etc and all
appears normal and within tolerances) eventually led me to remove the ignition
lead on #3 cylinder, and there is no difference in the engine sound revs etc,
the same goes for #1 cylinder (cylinders 1 & 3 not firing at idle around 900
rpm). Whereas if I remove #2 or 4 the engine stumbles and wants to stall (normal
behaviour). The Engine shop claim that cylinders 1 & 3 not running at idle
(but picking up under load) is a symptom of the Engle 110 cam. I wondered if you
had a view on this and might be happy to let me have any pearls of wisdom which
might help me in addressing this issue. I am not convinced by their stand point
and they seem to be blaming the fact the the engine only runs on 2 cylinders out
of 4 at idle due to the Engle cam!! Sure this is not great marketing for you
guys I would sure appreciate any and all assistance you might provide.



Sent from my HTC

No comments:

Post a Comment