Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Plates!

Got stopped by the Po-lice today for my number plates!!!


Asking what year was she registered I knew I was in trouble!


Apparently the DVLA and Po-lice are cracking down on numberplate irregularities and had great joy in explaining that I had to take my classic aluminium plates and chuck them for lovley crappy plastic shit!!!

I have checked the law and the font is correct so it just has to be black ally, with a reflective paint....mmmmmmmm......I must find a way of moding the classic ally plates to conform....??

5 comments:

  1. No way! they did the same to my dad, then realised it was a 1954 van - He took great pleasure in driving off ;)

    The only thing I can suggest is that you get yourself some rotating triangular mounts, James Bond Style ;)

    Failing that, you'll have to bite the bullet and only stick on the classic ones at the shows :{

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way,......just need faded paint (reflextive type)....then when i say that they are the original plates whos to actually know???

    ReplyDelete
  3. lame in a month end sense of lame, oo i havent got enough ticks in the box this month. look there is someone doing no harm. booked, ticked, done. scummers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutley, and to think I could have just said built in 1972 registered in uk 1976....they wouldnt know, the DVLA wouldnt know only VW factory or a vdubber could tell!!!

    ReplyDelete