Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Teflon Coating and US Bargains!

I was down at East Midlands Coatings last week to get some Zinga paint for my barge (Checkout the new blog: http://hopper11conversion.blgspot.com )

Anyhoo, the owner was intrigued about my love for rusty metal and said that if we need anything teflon coated he can do it for peanuts... i.e. about £25 to £30 per wheel! Was thinking of contacting the magazines and VW resellers to try and re-sell their service! We could charge people £50 per wheel and make a buck or two! Plenty of old knackered wheels around that we could recon! I'm giving him mine to do. Not sure if a bumper will fit in his oven, tho. Maybe we could get a whole van done!!?!?! ;) Then there's door handles, mirrors, etc... all can be cleaned up and coated for not too much cash!

Oh, and check this puppy out: http://houston.kijiji.com/c-ViewAd?AdId=133597825 what a bargain! Shame about the shipping cost ;(

6 comments:

  1. count me in, i want the splits for the van coating please. can you ask if he as the facilities to remove powdercoat?? as this is my current sticking point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Gazzas old front beam arms and assorted steering and running gear???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I have been thinking a lot about the old wheelers in black paint, maybe teflon is the way ahead?? Or what about those old 15 wides that entropeas says i can have........Teflon coated please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll dig the old wheels from Lucy out me garage for a test run and let you know how I get on. If they turn out well, I'm sure they could be donated to Elcie ;)

    Dirty: Can you send dimensions so I can ask if he can fit them in his oven. Will also ask about removing existing powder coat.

    Update you soon....

    ReplyDelete
  5. See if this Guy will do them for you, as a tester then you can get yours plus others, and other parts and promote our new Tin Can VW services etc???

    ReplyDelete
  6. will get dimensions the wheels complete as in built up are 7 by 16, bu i will do them all in bits then re build.

    ReplyDelete